When I started as Marketing Director at the University of Oregon’s Erb Memorial Union, the building had no holistic brand. All the units within the building had their own logo, font color and style. This made it difficult to promote the building on the whole and also meant that each design product was, essentially, created from scratch each time. This was both inefficient and ineffective.
What I did:
- Created a small branding group devoted to information gathering
- Wrote and implemented satisfaction survey which intended to identify brand gaps between student and administrators
- Lead meetings and branding exercises with both students and administrators to document beliefs
- Wrote creative brief for creative team to begin visual identity process
- Created a holistic brand for the EMU to both serve as a template for new materials and also to promote the programs and services of the building on the whole